Monday, January 24, 2011

Management Team, Part I: Alex

I thought it was about time everyone met the the folks who are really in charge - because, let's face it, I certainly don't do this all on my own. I have a crack Feline Management Team of six superior cats. Over the next six posts, you'll have the chance to get to know each of them just a little bit (because no cat tells all of its secrets - even to its favorite human)!

This is Alex, or Alexander Ulysses for those more formal introductions. Alex was under the yew tree in my backyard the day I moved into my house in June of 1995 (there was a bowling ball under there, too, but I didn't find that until later). He is, by far, the best house warming gift a girl ever received. We pegged him at about a year old at the time, so he'll be 17 this year. He's all black except for little patches of white on his chest and belly, plus quite a bit of gray earned by having to supervise, well, me. He's a very sweet fellow, spends a lot of time with me in the studio (my students will attest to this). He looks quite distinguished in this photo; he's actually quite easy going.

Been busy working on the bird bowl project - have almost 8 of the 35 trees done. Had a great time at the Detroit Garden Center Winter Gardening Series on Saturday - Janet did a great job, as always. I hope you can make it this Saturday as Suzan Campbell and I will both be doing programs on Native Plants, a big topic these days. And Black Cat Pottery and Notable Greetings products will be for sale, with 10% of your purchases going directly to benefit the Detroit Garden Center and its programs.

Thank goodness it's starting to warm up - it was pretty darned cold this weekend (the coldest so far this winter); I'm glad to see it warming up!

No comments: