Friday, November 28, 2008

Workshops in the Works


Well, due to consistent demand, I've been in discussions with a couple places to share my pottery techniques in a more "hands-on" setting. Anton Art Center, in Mt. Clemens, and Firebrick Studio and Gallery, in Rochester, have both been very supportive and we're putting together a couple two-session workshops to give folks a chance to explore the potentials of a slab roller and to see if a larger-format class might be workable in the future.
On Sunday, November 21, I was at the Anton Art Center, with a lot of other very cool people, for their "Meet the Artists" reception in connection with their Holiday Shop. The photo, taken by the peripatetic Don Schulte, is of me with Jennifer Callans, the Anton Art Center Director, with some of my pottery. It was a great event, hosted by the Women Presbyteers (those cookies were really good). I couldn't believe how quickly two hours passed!
If you're interested in taking a workshop at either location, you can contact the Art Center at (586) 469-8666 or Firebrick at (248) 394-5355. Hope to see you there!

No comments: